It's a Chelsea-Derby vase, of classical shape with wonderful gold stripe ground, and dating to around 1775. This was the period (1770-84) where Derby also owned Chelsea, hence the hyphenated name.
On the front is a depiction of Virtue, shown holding a torch up and with a rather large club - the Club of Hercules - in her other hand, titled to the lower VIRTUE.This is the work of a well known Chelsea artist, Richard Askew. Askew was a Londoner, who came to work at Chelsea in the late 1750’s and was there for the transition to Derby, 1770-84. This vase bears the transitional mark, with both the Gold Anchor of Chelsea, and the D for Derby.
For more details & photos, have a look at it here on our website.